Cucumber Sambol/ Pipinja Sambola Recipe added February 29, 2008 by Elmotoo and estimated time 40 mins A Sri Lankan recipe found & posted for the Asian Forum's Green, Eggs & Ham 3/08 recipe swap. This looks FABULOUS!! Cook time is 'standing time'.
Cucumber Sambol/ Pipinja Sambola Recipe
- 1 large cucumber (or 2 small green cucumbers)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and sliced
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and sliced
- 1 small onion, cut in paper-thin slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Peel cucumber and slice very thinly. Put in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Press out all liquid and if too salty, rinse with cold water. Drain well.