Cherry Almond Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar) Recipe added September 18, 2007 by Mom2Rose and estimated time 35 mins Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 muffins.
Cherry Almond Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar) Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, oatmeal, brown sugar, cherries and then almonds - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHERRY ALMOND MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup vanilla flavored yogurt, 1/4 cup vegetable oil and 1 egg.
- CHERRY ALMOND MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, oil and egg.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.