Beef Ribs With Cabernet Sauce Recipe added August 02, 2007 by ratherbeswimmin' and estimated time 2 hrs 30 mins Weber's Big Book of Grilling
Beef Ribs With Cabernet Sauce Recipe
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Make the rub: in a bowl, combine the rub ingredients.
- Trim the ribs of any excess fat; press the rub into the meat, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8-12 hours.
- Let ribs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- Sear over direct medium heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes, turning once halfway through searing time.
- Transfer to a heavy-gauge aluminum pan large enough to hold the ribs in one layer; if necessary, cut ribs into smaller sections.
- Make the sauce: in a saucepan, whisk together the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs and tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Grill the ribs over indirect medium heat until very tender, 1 ½ to 2 hours, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- Remove the ribs from the pan and cut into one-or two-rib pieces.
- Skim off any fat from the sauce and season with salt and pepper; serve the ribs hot with the sauce on the side.